...Only some lucky so-and-so who doesn't even recognize her excellent good-fortune, that's what.
So here are yet more things for which I am grateful:
- Daisies. The Platonic ideal of a flower. And so darn pretty.
- The ability to smell things. Consider the scent of ripe pears, of roasting circus pretzels, of green hay drying in the sun. Ahhh.
- Pecorino-Romano cheese. Hello, sheepsmilk. Will you permit me to introduce you to some pasta? And perhaps you would be interested in a short dance with bacon and eggs? Yes? Let us then create carbonara!
- Cousins. How many other people do you know for the whole length of your life? In addition to sharing history, they offer an alternate look at the genetic mix. Not to mention, in my stumpy family tree, they supply a next generation of family. Thanks cousins!
- The awkward, heartfelt hugs given by children. See #4.