- The detective books of Dorothy Sayers.
- Luck. So much good luck, knock wood. I know I don't deserve it, but I am so very glad to have had so much of it.
- That I was able to reconnect with my family and then, later, to spend time with both parents knowing that my time with them was short.
- How somebody (early human explorers?) went ahead and exterminated nearly every big predator on this continent so I don't have to fret over the fate of saber-toothed cats, direwolves, short-faced bears, American lions, and giant sloths. The Nature Conservancy can only do so much.
- Fresh percale sheets dried outside on the line. I'll cheerfully launder the entire Matterhorn of dirty clothes to get to this reward.
There is so much to be happy about, I don't know why I ever complain about anything. That said, and a long list of grievances put aside for now, here are a few more things that make me feel grateful:
ABout the Blog
A lot of ground gets covered on this blog -- from sailboat racing to book suggestions to plain old piffle.
Trying to keep track? Follow me on Facebook or Twitter or use the RSS option below.